Although QuickBooks is easy to operate and understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly. All information necessary to set up manual accounting records is necessary to set up QuickBooks on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if your Geneva business switches from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your Geneva business? How do you handle beginning balances? Our QuickBooks accounting staff can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial Setup and Installation in a timely manner. In addition, we can train your accounting employees or bookkeeper on the accounting software to enhance their performance.
Services we provide to your Geneva company during QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs
- Recommend software and hardware requirements
- Install software, design, and set up a chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determination of your QuickBooks starting date
- Loading your chart of account and balances as of that starting date
- Preparation of a list of the items that you sell to your customers including services, inventory parts, non-inventory parts, other charges, and sales taxes
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date
- Entering your ending statement bank balances and outstanding checks and deposits in transit as of your starting date
- Printing a trial balance as of your starting date and comparing it to your trial balance from your old system
- Entering your transactions since your starting dates into QuickBooks
- Train client or client staff in the use of software to meet their accounting, management, and tax needs.
Ongoing Services As Requested:
- Follow up training to ensure the client is “on the right track”
- Monthly, quarterly or annual review of client QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reports
Once QuickBooks is set-up and working properly, we can train you and your employees to properly operate QuickBooks for your Geneva business. We offer one-on-one QuickBooks Training rather than in a classroom environment. This allows you to receive personalized attention for your business. We will be there to answer your specific questions and concerns.