Quickbooks Services & Training
At Jones, Sager & Company, we offer QuickBooks Accounting Services and highly recommend that our clients use QuickBooks for their accounting software. We feel that it is the best program for small to mid-sized business owners to use for their day-to-day bookkeeping needs. QuickBooks is designed to be easy to understand and user-friendly, however initial company QuickBooks set-up can be challenging to a new user. Our QuickBooks Accounting staff includes two QuickBooks ProAdvisors and five additional staff accountants who are familiar with and experienced in QuickBooks set-up and QuickBooks training. We can train you or your employees how to efficiently use the program and are always available for QuickBooks assistance, answering any questions over the phone or through e-mail.
As the ideal business accounting software for small to mid-sized business owners there are many reasons to choose Quickbooks
- Simple bookkeeping tasks are handled automatically which will save you time on bookkeeping and paperwork and make it easier to run your business.
- Reports are generated easily with the information you need and want to see. This gives you the capability to instantly see where the business stands, your profitability, and if your business is strong.
- Quickbooks is affordable. This software is valuable to a small start-up business to a multi-million-dollar a year company.
- Your business can grow with QuickBooks. QuickBooks will help you design a business plan to use when trying to secure a small business loan or line of credit or to plan for the future. QuickBooks will create a projected balance sheet, profit and loss statement and statement of cash flows in the format recommended by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
- You can customize QuickBooks to work the way you want. QuickBooks is specifically designed to be flexible and adaptable to a wide range of small businesses. To broaden its appeal, QuickBooks has recently added customized accounting packages for Contractors, Retailers, Health Care Professionals, and Non-Profit organizations.
- You can rest assured knowing that QuickBooks is a stable, reliable and proven product. Hundreds of thousands of small businesses throughout the world have chosen QuickBooks as their accounting software. You can’t go wrong with a software program with such an extensive installed user base.
- You save typing time and errors by sharing data between QuickBooks and over 100 business applications. You can even share data with popular programs, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and ACT.
- You will get paid faster with QuickBooks online payments. E-mail an invoice or statement and with QuickBooks Online Billing, your customer can easily pay you with a credit card or bank account transfer. No more waiting for the check in the mail!
- You can easily accept Credit Cards. With QuickBooks Merchant Account Service, you can accept credit cards with ease. QuickBooks Merchant Account Service is the only credit card acceptance service integrated with QuickBooks software, which means you don’t have to enter the same data twice. No additional software or hardware is required. Your customers can use Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
- You can pay your bills and bank online. Setup your current bank account in QuickBooks, and you’re ready to pay your bills without licking envelopes, sticking stamps, or printing paper checks. Just write checks in QuickBooks as you normally would, then click a button and your participating bank does the rest! Pay anyone in the U.S. from your credit card companies to your pizza service. Online Banking also lets you download your monthly statement from your participating bank directly into QuickBooks for easier reconciliation.
Although QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly in order for future information to be accurate. All information necessary to setup manual accounting records is also necessary to setup and install QuickBooks on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances? Our QuickBooks Accounting staff can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial Setup and Installation in a timely manner. In addition, we can train your accounting employees or bookkeeper on the accounting software to enhance their performance.
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time – time taken away from managing your business. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
• Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs.
• Recommend software and hardware requirements.
• Install software, design and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
• Determination of your QuickBooks starting date.
• Loading your chart of account and balances as of that starting date.
• Preparation of a list of the items that you sell to your customers. This list includes services, inventory parts,non-inventory parts, other charges and sales taxes.
• Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date.
• Entering your ending statement bank balances and outstanding checks & deposits in transit as of your starting date.
• Printing a trial balance as of your starting date and comparing it to your trial balance from your old system.
• Entering your transactions since your starting dates into QuickBooks.
• Train client or client staff in use of software to meet their accounting, management and tax needs.
Ongoing Services, as requested:
• Follow up training to ensure the client is “on the right track”.
• Monthly, quarterly or annual review of client QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reports.
Once QuickBooks is set-up and working properly, we can train you or your employees to properly operate QuickBooks specifically for your business. We offer QuickBooks Training one-on-one rather than you going to class. We will be there to answer your specific questions and concerns.